Last month saw me turning 28. Just two more years until the big 3 0.
But I still feel like the 18 year old who used to go out till the early hours every weekend, that is until I try staying up let alone go out until the early hours.
I have random moments where it suddenly hits me that I’m a grown up. A responsible adult. The mummy to one who has just turned three.
I often wonder just how I have got to where I am now. Living in Hertfordshire with my team, miles away from the rest of our family.
Its true what they say, we learn something new every day. I have learnt so much along this 28 year journey. Things that helped shape me into the person that I am today and things that put everything in to perspective.
Some of the things I have learned have been more important than others, but every little thing has helped me achieve and get to where I am now.
- Life is short, make sure you make the very most of it.
- Dont compare yourself to others, being you is what makes you special.
- Don’t ever change to make yourself liked, always be true to yourself.
- All you can ever do is your best.
- Nobody is perfect.
- You can’t please everybody all the time.
- The only person you should worry about letting down is yourself.
- Honesty is the best policy.
- Take risks, you will never know what can be achieved if you play it safe.
- Believe in yourself even when others don’t.
- Never take anything for granted.
- There will be situations that you encounter which will make you realise who your real friends are.
- Having a handful of genuine friends is better than having hundreds or acquaintances.
- You never know the real meaning of love until you have children.
- Being a parent can be the hardest yet most rewarding job.
- It doesn’t matter how much tidying you do, when you have children your house is always going to be ‘lived in’.
- You never know what is around the corner.
- A simple smile can brighten someones day.
- It’s cool to be kind
- Do what makes you happy.
- The house work will still be there tomorrow
- Children grow up way to quickly, never take a single kiss or cuddle for granted
- Never doubt yourself.
- Real friends will always have you back no matter what.
- Always be true to yourself.
- Its ok to not be ok.
- Always grab opportunities with both hands.
- Mixing drinks is never a good idea.
Life really does throw a lot of lessons at us. But if I listed them all this would be a pretty long post so for now I will leave you with just these 28. What have been the biggest lessons that you have learned along the way?